Calorie-free Mince Pie!

HI everyone!

Thought you might like to see what I've just finished making  - a costume for my little step-grandson Bailey, who is going to be a Mince Pie in his first school Christmas play. I sort of made it up as I went along ...
The idea is that Bailey will wear the top on his front and the bottom on his back, so it looks like he's sandwiched in the middle - there are cotton tapes which will tie at his shoulders.
The pastry crust was made of stuffed, stitched and painted felt; the mincemeat filling was crumpled tissue, painted and then coated with Mod Podge; the silver foil case was created with layers of felt, wadding and silver lame, stitched through to add texture and stability.
Let's hope he likes it ... and let's hope my stitching holds! :o)
All being well, I'll post a picture of him wearing it next week ... keep them all crossed for me!
A x

Comments

Jennifer Grace said…
Wow, that's amazing! So inventive, I never would have thought to do it like that! Love the silver foil especially! x
Lisa-Jane said…
That costume is totally inspired! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog as part of the hop, I hope you had fun.
Unknown said…
That's pretty amazing! Good work!